Sheryl Frank accepts Medicare and is considered out-of-network for other insurance companies. If you’d like to find out exactly how much your insurance company will pay, please call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions:
- What is my deductible? (This amount will need to be paid before your insurance company will cover any out-of-network costs)
- What are my out-of-network out-patient mental health benefits? (Usually they will respond with a percentage – “We cover 50%”)
- Is that percentage based on what the provider bills or your “usual and customary rate” (UCR)?
- (If based on UCR) ask: What is the UCR?
- You may also want to ask whether pre-authorization is needed to see an out of network therapist.
If you have any questions about insurance payments, please call our office at 301-585-0859.